Medicare Advantage (also known as Part C)
- Medicare Advantage is an “all in one” alternative to Original Medicare. These “bundled” plans include Part A, Part B, and usually Part D.
- Plans have lower out-of-pocket costs than Original Medicare.
- In most cases, you’ll need to use Doctors who are in the plan’s network.
- Most plans offer extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover – like vision, hearing, dental, gym memberships and more.
- Some plans include zero cost monthly premiums.
Medicare Supplement (also called Medigap)
All Medicare Supplement plans fully or partially pay for:
- Part A coinsurance
- Part B coinsurance
- Costs for 365 extra hospital days
- Hospice care coinsurance
May also pay for:
- Part A deductible
- Part B deductible
- Part B excess charges
- Cost of foreign travel emergency care up to plan limits
- Part A skilled nursing care coinsurance
The level of coverage varies. There are standardized plans that cover all your Medicare deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, while others leave some costs for you to pay on your own. Medicare supplement plans provide nationwide coverage.
Original Medicare Includes
Medicare Part A
- Inpatient Hospital Stay - deductible $1,408 for each benefit period
- Coinsurance costs for days 61-91 and beyond
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Hospice Care
- Home Health Care
Medicare Part B
- Annual Deductible $198 per year
- Medical and other Services – Doctor’s visits
- Home Health Services
- Outpatient Hospital Services
- Outpatient Mental Health Services
Medicare A & B does not include Part D drug coverage, Routine Dental, Routine Vision, Gym Membership, Hearing Aids.
Let us help you understand your insurance options, help you enroll in a plan and continue to provide support long after your enrollment. Enjoy our complimentary monthly newsletter along with your insurance broker's personal contact information. There is never a fee for our services.
Bridlewood Insurance Denver
3801 E Florida Avenue Suite 400
Denver CO 80210
Copyright © 2021